PSCORE is an acronym of ‘People for Successful COrean REunification’.
- The Korean peninsula symbolizes the ease of inter-Korean tensions and the end of the inter-Korean conflict
- The bird symbolizes freedom and peace.
- The circle of bright sky means happiness.
- The color Blue symbolizes security and clear sky. As the color blue is also the symbol color of the UN, it shows PSCORE’s aspiration for international activities.
In 2006, on a hot summer day, university students from North and South Korea and foreigners joined together to discuss the serious conditions for North Korean human rights.
After several meetings, participants shared information on the human rights situation in North Korea, and discussed how to ameliorate the current situation.
In this process, we raised the following issues:
- How should we inform the general public of the truth behind North Korea’s human rights, and persuade them to participate and support the cause?
- Democratization of North Korean society is absolutely necessary for amelioration of North Korean human rights. It can lead to the fall of the totalitarian regime, and eventually to reunification of the Korean Peninsula. With this in mind, how can North Korean human rights be improved?
- Based on reunification of Germany which required high economic costs, how can Korean citizens face the future without fear? How can Korean citizens find a solution for successful reunification?
In order to solve these queries, we concluded that improving North Korean human rights should be regarded as a long term process. Under the slogan ‘successful reunification’, we have formed the course of activities that would lead to the successful reunification of North and South Korea and further peace in Northeast Asia.